Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I find out who hacked my yahoo e-mail account?

someone hacked it this morning and sent out all these e-mails to people in my contacts. I want to report them asap. how can I do so? I changed my password and security questions as wellHow can I find out who hacked my yahoo e-mail account?
you will never be able to find out who did it if the hacker did not leave any traces.How can I find out who hacked my yahoo e-mail account?
There is no way to find out who has done the hacking - it's a very common problem, too. Most likely it is criminal spammers looking for identity and financial information in your mail, or sending virus or trojan links to your address book - you need to change your address! Warn your contacts too. Your address book has been taken over, so more damage can still be done - the addresses can now be sold to other spammers too.



Although there is a possibility you were personally 'hacked', it is far more likely that your address was compromised by one of the powerful spam bot networks. They have the ability to crack passwords, especially weak ones. They can also 'spoof' the addresses in the From: area to make it more likely that they will be opened. Remember all those who use the To: or CC: heading rather than BCC: for addresses? All it takes is one infected computer down the line somewhere! Spammers have programs just to 'harvest' e-mail addresses. Your account has been seriously compromised, and more of this type of letter will keep happening. It may not even be your own computer that was infected. Nonetheless, act promptly!



Carefully read the technical advice given by guru Leo Notenbloom in his columns - they are the best, most-detailed I have ever read. Read especially #1 and #3 BEFORE you set up a new safe account!



It could be a brand new account, but then you need to import your Address Book (contact list) and forward any saved mails. Consider opening an ALTERNATE or alias account in Yahoo mail. Send an email to all your contacts with the new email address. If someone sends it to the old e-mail address, it will go to the same Inbox so you don't lose any messages. Click the link below to get an extra email address for your existing account.

http://edit.yahoo..com/config/list_alias
  • cat
  • myspace codes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment