Friday, November 19, 2010

Can i transfer files from an old user acount onto my current user account on the same computor? if so how?

i have started using another account on my computor and i want all my pictures and music transferring...i don't if its possible to do it without a disk or memory card but if there is id be appretiative if someone took me through it...I have an Emachines laptop on windows Vista.Can i transfer files from an old user acount onto my current user account on the same computor? if so how?
Yes you can



This should work:



1) First go to the 'Computer' (formally known as my Computer on Windows XP)

2) Then click on your main hard drive (usually called C drive)

3) Navigate to a folder called 'Users' and go into it

4) Then navigate to the folder 'Public'

5) Copy your files into this folder as it is accessible from any account on the computer



Sometimes however this doesn't work so try just copying one file from your old user account into the 'Public' folder and see if you can access that file from your new user account. (on your new user account you access the 'Public' folder in exactly the same way as I have described above.)



I hope this helps youCan i transfer files from an old user acount onto my current user account on the same computor? if so how?
Absolutely... you must save the files in your SHARED folder (which comes with every computer) It may also say; SHARED DOCUMENTS. Once you saved whatever just logoff, then logon your other acount and open it. Simple
Either run Explorer as administrator (right-click, choose Run as administrator) or log in as administrator (not an administrative account, the account named administrator). Move the files from the old account's folders to the new account's folders. (Administrator has access to all folders.)

No comments:

Post a Comment