Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I was sent a scam email from a yahoo mail account. how do I report this account to yahoo?

I was sent the following scam email from one of your email accounts.



From: Deborah Gail (deborahgail1991@yahoo.com)

Sent: Tue 8/25/09 4:05 PM

To: Susan Quackenbush (quackenbushfamily@live.com)

Sounds Good. I'm very busy with work and other important obligations, I will have look to meet you in person but presently i am out of town for business and will be back from Jersey City next week. I will like to proceed with payment via E-check . E-check is just a means to send bank check to your e-mail instead of mailing it to you as i cant get around to mail a check at the moment. You will only need a business check paper to print the check from your e-mail and have it cash. You will be able to purchase the business check paper at staples, walmart, office max or any stationery store at cost of $20. I will reimburse you with the cost of supplies to your asking price. I'm in no rush with you till funds has been cleared before pick up though the shipping co agent will pick up the item .I will await your email with the following information so that i can send the check to you once you have the supplies.



1) Full Name(2) Address and(3) Phone Number.(4)Amount Asking



Get back to me asap.

Best Regards.

Deborah.



My question to you is how do I report this activity to Yahoo. I found absolutely no links on your site to report a crime involving Yahoo. Why doesn't yahoo make it simpler for those who want to do the right thing to save others some sorrow.I was sent a scam email from a yahoo mail account. how do I report this account to yahoo?
I try usually doing other stuff to filter the spam and don't open the spam or else they will know is active or send it back.okI was sent a scam email from a yahoo mail account. how do I report this account to yahoo?
forwrd it to spoof@yahoo.com
There should be a button among the Reply, delete, trash buttons that says 'Report As Spam'; or ';Mark as Spam'; If you hit that it will send a report to Yahoo.
forward it to yahoo.
Go to Yahoo.com and click on the 'help' then search for 'reporting spam' or 'reporting harrassment'.



Go to this yahoo page and click on 'email us'

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/answers
I just ignore all my spam mails. They're always filled with viruses and stuff. You really cant do anything. Just block the sender.

No comments:

Post a Comment